Saturday, November 10, 2007

"Diversity is going to come down on your head. So you better get ready for it!"

So yelled the man i was ever so gently asking to please remove himself from our library after he had called my circ clerk an asshole because my (very well mannered) circ clerk had requested that he pay at least part of his fine before he check out any books (as per our policy). Mr. NameCaller then followed WellMannered over to my desk. Mr. NameCaller started talking to me at the same time as WellMannered (to tell me WM was talking about him). WM asked me to please call the sheriff and Mr. NC started calling me Joe and asking why we had to do him like that.
Feeling more than a bit lost i asked him to please leave and that's when he started saying that we only treated people of a certain ethnicity and a certain religion well (interestingly, i don't think he was referring to my agnosticism or WM's atheism, and none of the other various ethnicities in the library seemed to be objecting to anything we were doing, but that's another matter).
Anyway...
after a few more pleas
a few more Joes
he finally stomped out the door with the threat of the impending diversity about to come down on our heads...
well...
as you can see by the above pillow crash helmet, i'm ready...

No comments: