Wednesday, November 15, 2006

finding my religion

According to many, Samhain (October 31) marked the beginning of the Pagan year; and, using that as my commencement, i have decided to go on a little spiritual quest (yet again).
My migraines have gotten really bad and i want to try something new to get them to abate. So i am starting with some of my basic Wicca books, at least for the moment, to get me started on the path to becoming more in tune with nature, more in tune with my body. I am trying to incorporate some ritual into my life that i can get behind in my own way.
Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner is a great basic introduction to Wicca and paganism in general. It was written in the late seventies/early eighties, just as the world was "awakening" to "alternative lifestyles" (to use an overly cliched term) so it is a little too general and perhaps a bit outdated (and i personally prefer a more goddess-centered approach which Cunningham says is as out-of-balance as our current paternalistic societal religions--but i BELIEVE to each HER own :) Anyway--for those seeking an introduction and/or a basic guidebook this is a great place to start!

No comments: