Friday, May 19, 2006

conspiracy theory anyone?

Once upon a time (i just love that opening phrase--maybe latent fairy tale writing tendencies i don't know--tho this wasn't so very long ago) my profile, like so many other profiles included an interests section which read a little something like this (or, more precisely, it read exactly like this since i just copied this from the edit profile section of my blog--interesting that): Joss Whedon is a genius! ...other than that (the obvious) my interests are many and varied-one of the main reasons i became a librarian is because i wanted to continue my quest for learning, my thirst for the continual acquisition of knowledge and i did not want to limit myself to any one area--i dread specialization--so here i am--i want to learn everything about everything. (and in college i was an acting major i wanted to be everyone but myself--experience everything there was to experience)
And now this section has disappeared even though it is still in my edit profile section--is it perhaps because i did not separate my (mostly unnamed) interests with commas as directed?
Anyway while i'm on the subject allow me to mention the genius that is Joss Whedon and of course Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Now i started watching BTVS with the airing of the very first episode--vampire lore being one of my guilty pleasures from junior high school on. But i watched alone, every once in a while the boyfriend would interrupt an episode on as he stopped by to pick me up on his way home from work but he never showed much interest. With the release of the DVD sets i finally managed to lure a few unsuspecting victims into the Buffyverse.
Someday i plan to get a PhD in Buffy studies--i already have one eight foot shelf filled with Buffy books (never knew there were such things as philosophical tomes written on all things Buffy didya?) oh well, one more of my dirty little secrets revealed...

No comments: