Wednesday, March 21, 2007

"all that is vile for the sake of a smile"

~Robert Mankoff in the foreword to The Rejection Collection
I must admit to a rather twisted sense of humour. I think you need to have that twist (or twinge or maybe it's an illness~i can't really tell) to enjoy The Rejection Collection: Cartoons You Never Saw, and Never Will See in The New Yorker edited by Matthew Diffee (though i also must admit there were a few of these i just didn't get~if that's a good thing or a bad thing i'm still trying to figure out)

I also often enjoy the cartoons in The New Yorker (as well as the rest of the magazine~yes i'm one of those~i even subscribe~people)~tho sometimes some of those fly a tad high for me as well. These panels aren't just any old rejects they are rejects from regular submitters if that helps at all~but again it takes a certain twist of mind...



2 comments:

Woeful said...

I love The New Yorker's cartoons! I'm going to have to check this out.

YoSafBridg said...

yes do~it's great, plus each of the cartoonist handfilled out a questionaire most of which were quite entertaining in themselves