Monday, June 05, 2006

Analyze THIS

So i usually have pretty weird dreams--or at least that's what people seem to think when i start describing them. But my dream from last night was truly strange. Firstly my little sister, who is now 25, with three children, is almost always a kid or a teenager in my dreams (usually a kid) last night she was a teenager and she took me to a house/mansion/multi-level warehouse full of other teenagers doing all sorts of drugs and having all sorts of wild indiscriminate sex (let me just add here that my sister is The Prude of the family--while i am The Wild Child--and yes, before you ask--those are our official titles)

So anyway, here we are at this WILD (even by my standards--and trust me i have an interesting history which, perhaps, might be shared at another time) party, my sis and i hanging out with these girls for a while--a few things happen...
and eventually i get separated from my sister and i am search of a phone for some unknown reason--you know how dream logic goes--and i stumble upon these somewhat STAR-TREKIE-TECHIE-GEEKIE-COOL guys (you know the type i mean) and i am suddenly very interested in flirting--with teenage boys--yes my forty-year-old-self forgets about my poor helpless teenage sister and flirts heavily with a pimply faced boy who is, at best, semi-interested.
Meanwhile, the very long ash from the cigarette that i am smoking (i have mentioned that i don't smoke--except for that maternal issue night--haven't i?) is dropping onto some kind of electrical wire thingy, and starting little electrical fires, which the boy i am so intensely flirting with keeps trying to put out. I keep dropping ashes, keep starting ever increasing fires, his semi-interest is ever-waning, i am noticing the fires but not really caring. The boy is beginning to get more and more annoyed with me and yet i continue to flirt (also, by the by, intense flirting with Anyone, is usually not one of my highest priorities).
okay--analyze...
oh and let me also add that i have a little phobia about electrical fires (not plain old pyrophobia because i actually have very Minor, Slight tendencies toward pyromania at times just electrical fires, mind you) and explosions (atomosophobia-and i actually have died by being blown up in a few dreams)...

No comments: