Friday, December 15, 2006

can't sleep, can't sleep, can't sleep...

tossing and turning

turning and tossing

the thin blanket is too cold

the thick blanket is too hot

kick them off

kick them all off

cats crawling all over me

kick them off

kick them all off

leave me alone! let me sleep

let me (try to) sleep


i’ve had a cold, Sunday i slept all day, Monday i slept all day, Tuesday it was off and on (apparently i’m sleep cycling~my body says “you’ve had you’re quota now…) I hate insomnia. Many people suffer insomnia because they are up worrying, but i don't seem to start worrying until i'm stuck awake and need things to think about...I feel the migraine coming on…makes everything worse. And the clock just keeps on turning time (though i don't have any clocks that display the actual time in my bedroom due both to the constantly failing circuit, my ongoing nocturnal problems and my strange relationship with clocks. Every once in a while i turn on my cell phone to check the time. Sometimes i read or watch a little television til i think i'm tired. Try to sleep. Try something else. Usually at some seemingly appropriate time in the a.m i'll get out of bed and brew some tea...

tossing and turning



No comments: